Columbia, MO 65202
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
This position is responsible for preparing and serving the meals to residential clients and maintains compliance with the requirements of the Columbia Health Department. The position works under the supervision of Operations Supervisor to insure that the food inventories are maintained in a cost effective manner. The position also supervises clients assigned to help in the kitchen. All staff adhere to Federal Regulations (42 CFR part 2) regarding client rights to confidentiality of records of their identity, diagnosis, prognosis, or treatment, as well as ensuring compliance with HIPAA regulations as related to the release and retention of client information. This is a “Safety Sensitive” position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides professional insights, ideas, thoughts, numeric data, technical information and personal wisdom that supports and enhances the Phoenix Program’s vision.
- Ensure that ingredients are available for preparation of meals in accordance with the menus or notify the Program Manager-Residential or designee about the items needed; also to utilize any donated food items as appropriate replacements to menu.
- Maintain a weekly inventory of food supplies and assist Operations Supervisor with preparing the food order; receive delivery of food supplies, store or supervise storage.
- Coordinate duties with other staff working in this position; notify part-time cooks about menu changes.
- Maintain the kitchen, food preparation, and food service as required by the Columbia health Department including a current food handler’s permit.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Executive Director and/or your supervisor or other members of management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalency with 1 year experience in food preparation. Must be flexible and enjoy working in a rehabilitation setting.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to do online ordering, keep inventory, budgeting, spreadsheets, time sheets.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Must be able to use arms to lift up to 20 pounds and carry it 50 feet.
- Must be able to reach.
- Must be able to read written material and to pass the Missouri driver’s license requirement.
- Must be able to hear a normal conversation
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally:
- Will work in extreme temperatures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.