Columbia, MO 65202
Salary: $33,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Job Title: HIV Medical Case Management
Position Description: Medical case managers are collaborative partners with each enrolled client. This partnership entails the assessment of client needs, linking with resources, and periodic reassessment with the goal of increased access to and participation in medical care. The roles and responsibilities of the medical case manager are:
- Provide timely, courteous, and culturally sensitive medical case management services.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to policies and procedures of the Missouri HIV Medical Case Management system as a whole
- Complete annual and 6-month updates in accordance with the Missouri HIV Medical Case Management manual
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized service plan and ongoing client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan
- Monitor client participation in medical care as defined by the Missouri HIV Medical Case Management Manual
- Collaborate with the clinical care and preventions teams to promote engagement and retention in medical care
- Assess high risk behaviors and if indicated develop risk reductions plans with client
- Assess medication adherence and if indicated, create plans that assists client in becoming medication compliant
- Coordinate services and assist clients in accessing available entitlements and community programs
- Document required information and activities in the electronic client database in accordance with the Missouri HIV Medical Case Management manual
- Follow federal and state statutes regarding confidentiality of client information and records
- Participate in all required meetings
- Participate in outreach efforts to provide counseling and education to at-risk populations.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the agency, its mission and place in the community.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Maintain accurate and up to date client records and other documentation required by the agency.
Educations: RN Degree, BSW or a closely related field. RN/MSW preferred.
Experience: One year of progressive case management experience with knowledge of the community. Direct experience in HIV/AIDS issues or education is preferred.
Physical Demands: This position requires sitting and walking throughout the day and must be able to work inside and outside of their own office space. Travel is required. Operates office equipment and manages supplies. Computer skills are required. Visual acuity to prepare and read reports is required. Hours of duty are normal office hours with occasional evening and weekend tasks.
Supervisor: Reports to Director of Case Management. In the event that the Director of Case Management is unavailable, report to the Executive Director.